Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Peace

I am turning over a new leaf and trying to be more regular at posting. Stu was gone this weekend and we had lots of storms come through. When I know there is severe weather coming in the middle of the night, I get a little nervous about going to bed because I am the one "responsible," so I left my weather radio on and it warned me ALL night long - so much so that I reached over to turn it off and bumped my forehead on the corner of my nightstand. I awoke very groggy and the verse that kept coming to my head was Psalm 4:8 "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." When we went to church that morning, this verse was part of the message on having peace. Next time I am going to trust in the Lord instead of my weather radio - I am sure to have a more peaceful night sleep! Speaking of peace, that is what drew me to this picture - it was a place that I would love to go and enjoy listening to the the cool breeze through the trees and hear the bubbling brook - maybe even climb a few trees. It makes me think of Psalm 23:2-3 "He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul..."I spent 8 months trying to replicate it but I just couldn't get it how I thought it should be. Here it is anyway. Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful painting. You definitely have talent. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

Kyoto, Japan

Kyoto, Japan
Cherry Blossoms

Mt. St. Helens - Washington

Mt. St. Helens - Washington
Beauty out of Ashes

Smokey Mountains - Tennessee

Smokey Mountains - Tennessee
Spring Carpet of White Trillium